The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
I don’t know how many of you know it, but my background academically is actually in statistics. (And yet, my hobbies involve largely reading and writing soooo …. clearly the whole people being good at math making them bad at / not enjoy writing is a lie). And at work this week I was given the task of peer reviewing a model that someone else built. But it was built using a technique that I’m only familiar with at a high level, so I have NO IDEA how to evaluate it. So I spent much of Thursday and Friday teaching myself this new skill. You know what’s super funny? I was watching a Coursera video going through all sorts of complicated notation, and my daughter was FASCINATED. She’s going to end up being a little mathematician just from helping mommy do her research for work.
It was adorable. 🙂
We went to the zoo on Saturday and enjoyed the GORGEOUS weather. I don’t have pictures because I’ve long given up on trying to get good photos at the zoo, but my daughter slept through most of it anyway (we MAY have gone DURING her nap time — oops!). But afterwards we went out for lunch on the waterfront and it was BABY CENTRAL. And my daughter tried to talk to every single teacup-sized human she saw. Which means she was talking a LOT. And she seemed to have a lot of fun with it 🙂
Also, is it weird that she likes lemons? She LOVES lemons. She likes oranges better, but lemons are almost as good. I totally expected her to really not like the sour, but she seems to like the taste.
Average Steps per Day: 6,484 (I beat my goal of 5,000!)
Workouts: Nada — oops! But I DID do a lot of walking, so that counts!
This week: 0 words — I’ve been working on outlining instead — And making GREAT progress there!
My personal Commenting 365 Challenge update:
- I commented on 9 new blogs this week
- Running total: 104 unique blogs
- Par for 2017: 85
- Ahead/(Behind) by: 19
This Week I Enjoyed:
- Would You Read a Book for the First Time Again? @ Writer of Wrongs
- How Important are Character Names? (And Why do I Forget them so Often?) Guest Post @ Cornerfolds
- Why do some books make us more emotional than others? @ Metaphors and Moonlight
- What makes a ‘strong’ female character? @ Boats Against the Current
- What Do Readers Look For In Narrators @ The Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog
- 5 Ways to World-Build @ The NaNoWriMo Blog
- Questions to Ask When Creating a Fantasy Religion @ Quill Pen Writer